Wednesday, June 11

Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa

When I finally get myself in a good exercise routine I tend to think about food a lot, but in a good way. Eating healthy is always a lot more effective for me when I am also working out regularly. So that explains all these recipe overload posts!
We recently were given a grill from a friend of mine, which has been awesome! Summer time is grilling time! Personally I think meat taste better when its cooked on a grill anyway so we have been grilling almost every night! I have a delicious and healthy summer time grill recipe to share today! So easy and so yummy! I love fish and I love tacos, So fish tacos are probably one of my favorite foods!
I have found that perfecting a good fish taco can be tough, and I realized its all about choosing the right fish for the right taco. Also ensuring your ingredients are fresh and ripe! Mahi Mahi goes amazing with mango salso but make sure you choose a perfectly ripe mango, avocado, and lime to get enough pop of flavor. 

Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos + Mango Salsa 

 Ingredients


  • 2 mango's, peeled, pitted, and cubed
  • 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and cubed
  • 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
  • Juice of 1 lime, plus wedges for garnish
  • chopped fresh cilantro
  • salt and black pepper
  • canola oil
  • 2 large mahimahi fillets (1 1/2 lb total)
  • 1 tbsp blackening spice 
  • 8 corn tortillas (I like the ones you have to cook yourself, much fresher)
  • 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
     
Directions
1. Mix the mango, avocado, onion, and the juice of 1 lime in a bowl. Season with cilantro, salt, and pepper.
2. Heat a grill till hot. Drizzle a light coating of oil over the fish and rub on the blackening spice. Cook the fish completely.
3. Warm the tortillas on the grill for 1 to 2 minutes or wrap in damp paper towels and microwave for 1 minute until warm and pliable.
4. Break the fish into chunks and divide among the warm tortillas. Top with the cabbage and the mango salsa. Serve with the lime wedges.
Enjoy 
XOXO

2 comments :