Tuesday, March 18

The Race.

This last weekend was the Moab Half Marathon. Im glad I set the goal I did and Im glad I accomplished it. I didn't really do any running the last two weeks before the race which definitely made the race much harder than it needed to be! We were so busy with closing, moving, getting a puppy, and getting settled that I never took the time to find anywhere to go running in our new area. On top of my lack of training the weather the day of the race wasn't ideal! Never having done any kind of race before I really had no idea what to expect. They bussed us up to the start line two hours before the race began and we sat in the shade in forty degree weather with a wind chill for about an hour and forty-five minutes. Thank goodness for the long sleeve t-shirt I threw on last minute but my legs froze cause all I had on were shorts! Pretty much the entire time we waited I shivered uncontrollable! Having stiff, frozen, and somewhat cramped legs at the begging of any run is possible the worst thing ever! I felt fatigue and pain in my knees and hips much earlier than I normally do from all the shivering! I think if I could have stayed warmer from the begging of the race I would have done much better. My finishing time was 2:11:50. Pretty good! Its tempting to want to do the same half marathon again and better my time but Im not sure if I will. Never say never though! Right! All in all it was a good experience and I had fun! Im glad I can check half marathon off my bucket list and I'm glad I can say I did it! 



No comments :

Post a Comment